Author Byline: CareerAlley
Author Website: http://CareerAlley.com
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far" - Joe Walsh
It's human nature to complain. Some people are really good at always seeing the positive side of things while others are always thinking that every silver lining has a cloud. Most of us fall smack in the middle. So when was the last time you complained about the company you work for? Would your view of your company change if you were out of work (and a job was available at your company)? We all do it (complain about our companies that is). So what would you change at your company to make it a great place to work? That is a little bit about why the "best companies to work for" are on the list (and many of them show up on the list year after year). So the next time you have something negative to say about your company, think about what would make it better and put it in the suggestion box.
- Container Store - Number 36 on the list, the Container Store has been on the Best list for 11 years in a row and while they decreased staff by 9% last year, they are hiring again this year. Their main careers page is mostly a company overview with a number of informational links on the right-hand side (Navigate Your Career) and a link to their Career Center is at the bottom of this list. From the Career Center, you can register, view current job openings, post your resume and keep track of your job submissions. Select "View Positions" to link to search page which is divided by job type (Stores, Distribution Center, Home Office and Customer Solutions). There were lots of new jobs when I checked the site.
- Aflac - Ranked 37 and also in their 11th year on the list (down from 26), I'm sure the first thing you think of is the duck from the commercial (and if you haven't seen it I don't know where you've been hiding). This insurer is based in Georgia and has almost 4,400 employees (down from last year). Their career site has a series of career related links on the left hand side of the page with "Search for Job Opportunities" and "College Recruiting center page. From "Search for Job Opportunities" you can create a profile, save searches, manage your job submissions, register and, of course, search jobs.
- Scooter Store - Not on the list last year, Scooter is ranked 38 on this year's list. According to their website, Scooter is "America's leading supplier of scooters and power chairs for people with limited mobility". Their careers page is well done, with links at the top of the page for related sites followed by an excellent overview of the company. A careers overview is center page, and you can click on Search Jobs from the top of the page or on the left hand side of the page. You can join the careers site or just search for jobs. There were approximately 60 job opportunities when I checked the page.
- TDIndustries - Ranked 39, this company is a construction company and is based in Dallas, Texas. Jobs increased by 7% last year and now stands slightly below 1,600 employees. Their careers page improved quite a bit from last year and has an excellent overview center page. There are links on the left hand side of the page for related topics. Click on “Job Openings” from the left hand side of the page to link to the job search page (last year there was no search function. There were 17 job openings as of mid-January.
- Scripps Health - Up from Number 59 on last year's list, Scripps has over 11,000 employees and hired over 1,300 people last year (amazing). Their career site offers information on the company as well as specific information on a number of health care related fields. There are related links on the left hand side of the page as well as "Hot Careers" center page. Click search jobs to link to the log on page, where you can register and post your resume. The bottom left hand side of the page has a “search openings” link. There were over 302 job opportunities when I checked the site.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.