Author Byline: CareerAlley
Author Website: http://Careeralley.com
"Always look on the bright side of life" - Eric Idle
Remember as a kid when every three day holiday weekend the local radio station would countdown the "1000 greatest hits of the (decade, century, millennium, blah blah) "? And you would listen over the weekend, hoping not to miss the number one hit? I remember one weekend where I actually tried to tape the entire thing (sad but true).
Well it's that time again, but these hits are jobs from the Fortune 1000. This is the 3rd time that I've covered jobs from the latest Fortune list of the year, but with this newest list I've decided to start from the bottom and work our way up. Different view, different perspective and it only gets better as we get closer to the top. Remember, applying for a job directly from a company's website has a much better chance of success.
- Career Education - Ranked at 1,000, down from 940 last year but still on the list (last one), Career Education is an educational services company. Their careers page has tabs at the top for Employment Listings, Academic Careers, Admissions Careers and Corporate Careers. Center page provides an overview of the company. Click on Employment Listings to see the search engine where you can search by job type or can enter your own information. There were over 100 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- MGIC Investment - This company is in the private mortgage insurance business. Their careers page is really hard to find, but once you do (use the link at the start of this paragraph), you will see a center section which provides a company overview and then dives right into the topic. There is an email address for submitting your resume, or click "employment opportunities" to see the job listings.
- Sanderson Farms - A food producer and ranked 998, Sanderson's careers site has tabs at the top for Open Positions, Trainee Programs, Students and more. The left hand side of the page has some videos you can watch followed by a section for submitting your resume. Click on Open Positions to see the search engine. You can select a position type or location to see open positions.
- Administaff - According to their website, Administaff is "the nation's leading professional employer organization" and is ranked 997 on the list. Their careers page has links on the left hand side of the page for Corporate Opportunities and Resume & Interview Tips. Below this is a box for "Search All Jobs". There are tabs center page for Search Our Careers, Create a Profile and Career Center. There were 601 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Tellabs - 996 on the list, Tellabs has over 3,100 employees and provides products and services to the communications industry. Their Careers page has an overview center page with links to Careers, Events and more on the left hand side of the screen. The right hand side of the screen allows you to select careers by region. Leveraging their job search engine, there were 131 job opportunities when I checked the site.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.