Author Byline: CareerAlley
Author Website: http://careeralley.com
The Best Companies are hiring (in fact, many companies are hiring) as witnessed by my previous posts on this topic. The competition is steeper and they tend to receive more resumes than other companies (believe me, you do not want to know the volume of resumes they receive). But they will hire someone and it might as well be you (so send that resume and register on their career pages).
- Arkansas Children's Hospital - Another health-care company on the list, this one ranked 85 this year. They have over 3,500 employees and hired 155 people last year. Their career page provides a company overview (center section) followed by links for How to Apply, Non-Nursing Positions, Nursing Positions and information on some departments. Left hand side of the page (center left) has additional career links. There were quite a few nursing positions open when I checked (as well as some non-nursing positions).
- CH2M HILL - An interesting name for this engineering and construction company ranked 86 on this year's list. They have more than 25,000 employees (over 19,000 in the US) and hired 2,194 people last year (14% job growth). Their careers page is very simple, with a link in the center for "Careers at CH2M HILL". Click this link to see a more comprehensive page with links at the top for Who We Hire, What We Do and a company overview. The right hand side of the page has a large "Search Jobs" section with links for US based opportunies, non-US positions and a link for students/new college grads. There were 111 US based jobs and 115 onUS jobs. The site allows registration and resume posting (as do most companies these days).
- Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe - Probably known best by its "first name", Orrick is a Law Firm and is ranked 87 on this year's list. With over 2,300 employees worldwide (over 1,600 in the US), they hired 120 people last year. Their careers page has a number of links left center page for US Law Students & Associates, London Graduate Recruitment, Paris Graduate Recruitment, Lateral Partners & Associates and Legal Assistants & Professional Staff. You will need to check the link/category that applies to your background.
- Publix Super Markets - Publix operates over 900 supermarkets and is employee owned. They have over 141,000 employees (that's not a typo), hired over 1,800 people last year and is ranked 88 on this year's list. Their main careers page has tabs at the top for Career Opportunities, How to Apply and Why Publix. Click on Career Opportunities to link to their main search page, which has a number of additional links for a number of job functions (you need to check individually based on your job function).
- Herman Miller - Office furniture is the name of the game for this company, ranked 89 on the list, Herman Miller has over 6,200 employees globally (over 5,600 in the US) and hired 389 people last year. Their main careers page has a company overview (with additional informational links on the right). There is a "How to Apply" link at the bottom of the page, click this link to bring up the meat of their careers section with "Search Jobs Now" and "Create Your Profile" (if you want to post your resume) links center page.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.