Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Social Network Overload

It was bound to happen. Like anything popular, social networking now has so many variations, it's getting hard to tell which ones are new, established, appropriate, maybe even legal. Some will get you a job, while others will get you on the FBI watch list. It's probably fair to say that I haven't even heard of most of them. And many of the ones I've heard of, I couldn't tell you their purpose or target audience. My teenage daughter probably knows more about some of them, but she's not allowed to have an account on them simply based on what I have seen on their sites. (Of course that doesn't mean she doesn't have an account I don't know about.) I'm on Facebook, but not with a big presence. I don't know what most of those things are on that site, or how it's different from MySpace. Are they all starting to blend together to serve the same purpose? I should probably know this. LinkedIn is still my personal favorite since it's primarily a business networking tool. At least this article shows that I'm not the only one overwhelmed by this trend.
Social Network Overload

No comments: